BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

December 16, 2008

Snow!

Today was the first day of real, heavy snow and the boys loved it! Our morning started out with me needing to visit a neighbor that lives up a steep hill. I was running late so I didn't want to take the time to walk. I knew I wouldn't make it up her hill but figured I could make it to the bottom of her hill and walk the rest of the way. Well, the car started to slide even before I got to the big hill, so I stopped and tried to back down the street, but the car slid into the deep gutter and stopped against the curb. With the car nicely parked we got out and walked the rest of the way to our neighbor's house. The boys thought it was so fun to walk and play in the snow. After my visit I came back to my car and another car had slid into the side of my car and dented the bottom section of the back door. Another neighbor pulled my car out of the gutter and then we made it home. I didn't drive anywhere else until the weather cleared up. Next time there is a huge storm I will walk wherever I need to go.

The boys had fun sledding on the man-made hills in the backyard

My good helpers

1 comments:

Debra said...

Argh! If the snow weren't life-sustaining for our valley I would curse it up and down! NOT a fan. But I'll deal with it to live in this beautiful valley and state. And I'll go so far as to admit it makes our mountains lovely.