BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

December 19, 2008

Domestic Goddess?

I am not exactly a domestic goddess but today felt like a very domestic day. I started the day by learning to bake bread at a neighbor's house. She makes at least 6 loaves each week for her family. It is very good bread and denser than most breads you find in the grocery store. I came home with four loaves of half wheat and half white bread. Then I finished making my neighbor gifts of peppermint bark. Paula Deen's recipe from Food Network is very good and easy. Then my final project for the day was a Christmas pillow. A few weeks ago I saw some great pillows at the semi-annual Beehive Bazaar. Although I do not sew much I can make pillows, so I thought I would give it a try. I am not a perfectionist when it comes to sewing so please do not look closely at my pillow. And thrown into all this was an unexpected trip to the Salt Lake Airport during a huge snow storm. Round trip took over 4 hours. At least we made it home without any new dings in the car.
I love to melt butter on the top of fresh baked bread

Peppermint Bark with a layer of dark chocolate thrown in for good measure

Not a great picture or pillow, but it will do for Christmas time

2 comments:

Debra said...

So totally impressed! I can see you are talented in all things domestic, but could you use any help tomorrow? Can I bring something? Our ward party overlaps the beginning but we'll be there later (assuming the weather holds and we can make it up the hill). Save some good cheese and chocolate for me!

Courtney said...

I would love it if someday you shared the great bread recipe via this blog! It looks YUMMY!