BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

December 21, 2008

Christmas Open House

In 1998 when I bought my first house I hosted a Christmas Open House. I didn't realize that 10 years later I would still be hosting a Christmas Open House. It is a tradition that is at times stressful and hectic, especially now that the children running around outnumber the adults, but it is worth it for me. Some years it is the only time I see particular friends and it has been a nice way to keep in touch with family and out-of-town friends. This year the weather and some scheduling conflicts kept some of our regular guests away, so there were fewer people here than in years past, although I still counted 29 adults and 31 kids. Thanks to those of you who came and brought yummy treats because it wouldn't be a party without people. I will post a few pictures in particular for my brother who couldn't make it. I was busy in the kitchen for the first little while so I forgot to take any pictures until half way through the evening. For those of you that wanted it, the roasted red pepper hummus recipe is here and the raspberry tarts and the chocolate cookies are here.

The table with cheeses, fruit, veggies, dips, meatballs, mini quiches, stuffed mushrooms, chips, hummus, etc.

Every year I make a baked brie and this year I tried a new filling of onion, brown sugar, cranberries, and balsamic vinegar mixed together until carmelized

Friends from college

0 comments: