BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

December 11, 2008

Holiday Tradition

Ever since our kids were small my friend Laura has hosted a gingerbread house decorating party. Usually we all buy the kits from Costco, but this year I decided to build one from scratch. It all went smoothly until I had to put the roof on the house. I was using hot sugar as the glue and it would cool before I could get both ends of the roof to attach. So after a huge scream of frustration I got out the Elmer's Glue and then my husband got out the caulking. In the end I am happy that I made it from scratch, although next year I'm going with a kit!

The naked house ready to be decorated

I made candy glass windows

The end product

1 comments:

Debra said...

Oh, you put ours to shame. And we used a kit! You should be proud of yourself!