BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

March 19, 2010

Cupcake Recipe

A few people have asked for this so here it is. My mom sent it to me, so thanks to her for introducing the recipe to me.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
1 box chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 bag peanut butter cups - regular size, not mini

Mix together cake mix, eggs, and milk. (I think you could use your own cake batter made from scratch if you wanted to) Pour 2 Tbsp batter into paper liners and place a peanut butter cup on batter. Fill paper liners with more batter until 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 15 -18 minutes or until cupcake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Frost when completely cooled.

Peanut Butter Frosting - This is good on just about anything
1 Cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1/2 Cup butter, room temperature
2 Cups powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp milk or cream
1 tsp vanilla

Combine peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl, mixing together until light and fluffy. Stop mixer and add powdered sugar, 3 tbsp milk or cream, and vanilla. Start mixer slowly and mix together, gradually increasing the speed. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add 1 tbsp milk or cream if frosting is too thick.
I chopped peanut butter cups to place on top

3 comments:

Team Heaton said...

Okay. Now that I know your mom was the provider of the recipe, I KNOW they've got to be good!!

lara said...

These look great!

Unknown said...

Hello,
These look delicious. Could I please feature them on my blog. I would post a photo with a link back to your blog.

Thanks,
Yvonne
http://www.thesemagicalyears.blogspot.com/