BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

September 27, 2008

Almost, But Not Quite

Today we planned to hike Mount Timpanogos and we did hike it, however, we did not make it to the top. We went with some friends and my brother and niece. My brother had hiked it years ago and he told me he had made it to the top in 3 1/2 hours. Since most websites say that it takes 4 1/2 to 5 hours to get to the top, I thought we could probably make it to the top in at least 4 hours since my brother had done it in 3 1/2. Well, we made it to Emerald Lake in 3 1/2 hours and my brother made it to Emerald Lake in 4 hours and 15 minutes. It was then as we looked at the top and the saddle that is about 45 minutes away that I found out my brother had made it to the saddle in 3 1/2 hours. I guess it is the top of the ridge however, it is not the top. Next time I will ask him to be more specific. We contemplated continuing to the top, but due to babysitting troubles and the fact that during the last ascent to the lake I hit a wall, we decided to save the trek to the top for another day. The colors are beautiful and the scenery was worth the pain, at least I think so. Although I may feel differently when I can't get out of bed in the morning.

Beautiful morning view

Vibrant reds

Three mountain goats gave us a diversion on the way up

Happy at the lake, but by the end of the hike my feet were killing me

I love the clusters of yellow leaves

2 comments:

Debra said...

OK, then. A little longer than expected but it still looks like a great hike. Gorgeous pictures!

Dr Write said...

Pretty! I guess I should try to get up there some time....