BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

July 27, 2008

State Holiday

I am not aware of a state other than Utah that celebrates a state holiday. The 24th of July is a huge holiday here. There is a parade and fireworks. It is just like the 4th of July only 20 days later. This holiday celebrates the Pioneers coming into the Salt Lake Valley in the summer of 1847, so sometimes this day is known as Pioneer Day or the Days of '47. Since my kids love parades and I love the Calvary Baptist Church's float in the parade, we made the drive to Salt Lake along with thousands of other parade goers. Between the 4th of July and the 24th I think I have had my share of parades for the year. As part of the 24th weekend we also went on a family camp outing. My husband had been suffering from strep throat but I dragged him out and we spent the night in a tent. The boys had fun playing in or near the small stream and there weren't too many bugs.





0 comments: