BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

July 20, 2008

Old Oak Tree

Today I received the news that the oak tree I have known for 33 years fell over last night. It is the tree that was in the backyard of my parents home. Luckily it fell away from the house and went toward the garden/yard area. I have many memories under the shade of the oak tree. I would lay on the grass and look through the branches to the blue sky above. I also earned money from that tree. It dropped hundreds of acorns and as a child my dad paid me a penny for each acorn I picked up. Even last year I made a trip home and my son and I picked up hundreds of acorns. Farewell to a great tree!




2 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

Hey, this is great. I look at my own blog everyday to see what I'm up to so now I can just click on your blog as well. If I leave a comment as well then it means you won't have to wait for weeks and weeks for me to respond to your email. Is there a limit to how much I can write in a comment? If I just keep writing and writing and writing will it just suddenly stop. It would probably be good to know because somebody else might ask you. I love trees. Not ashamed to admit that. They have a certain way about them that makes me respect them. Love looking up as I'm walking along looking through the branches and leaves just like you did as a child. Great things - trees. Hope I helped to create them. Some news here - Aimee is cute cute cute. Marie is cute cute cute. I went for a job in Hong Kong but didn't get it. I came close. Gave them a good run for their money, but in the end they just lost out. Like I say it was close. Well I think that's enough for now. Miss you all. Still want to read some of Steve's writings. But not on my blog in a comment because that would be too long. He can just email me.