BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

September 7, 2009

8 Counties, 26 Hours, 100s of Goblins

My husband is always teasing me that as soon as I get home from a trip I start complaining that we haven't gone anywhere. Since it had been a few weeks since our last trip I decided on Saturday night that we should go camping the next day and then spend the holiday hiking around Goblin Valley. I got a thumbs up from everyone so off we went. Since the Goblin Valley campsite was full we found a great campsite on BLM land that was near a slot canyon we planned to visit. The boys had so much fun exploring, climbing, and sleeping in a tent. We wanted to see a little more of the state so we came home by way of Capitol Reef National Park. We drove through lots of little towns and had fun seeing the scenery. Boy #1 loved our trip so much he wants to go back tomorrow!

Setting up camp
View from campsite
Boys climbing the hill just behind the campsite
We hiked through part of Little Wild Horse Canyon
The boys loved climbing all the formations at Goblin Valley
More of Goblin Valley
Petroglyphs at Capitol Reef

1 comments:

Ann said...

Wow, you are one adventurous lady. I could never have done that, no way. I didn't see a toilet or shower.... yikes.