BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

August 24, 2009

Always Read The Fine Print

I will share my fairly expensive lesson with whoever reads this so you can avoid the same mistake. Last week our city came by to tell me that the power would be out the next day since they were replacing a transformer in the back of our lot. The nice man handed me a piece of paper with the date and times of the scheduled outage. I promptly placed the paper on my fridge and never really read it. The next day after the power outage I noticed the ice cream was a little soft. I thought it was because the power had been off and it hadn't had enough time to harden again. The next morning the ice cream was runny and so we knew we had a problem. Turns out that the piece of paper from the city told me to follow instructions for major appliances, which includes unplugging your freezer/refrigerator during a planned outage. The surge of power to the freezer was too much for the relay overload and we needed it replaced. So about $200 later we have a freezer/refrigerator that works again. Next time I am handed a piece of paper I will carefully read the entire thing!

1 comments:

Patricia said...

I am SO sorry. that is just miserable!