BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

April 25, 2009

Tomatoes

I went a little overboard on tomato plants this year. This is my first year of planting seeds instead of buying the plant ready to stick in the ground. I ordered seeds, planted them and hoped for the best. I thought maybe half of what I planted would take, but it all took, so I have 24 tomato plants that will be ready for the garden in a few more weeks. I have enjoyed seeing my seeds germinate and grow and I find it very refreshing to dig my hands in the dirt. Now I will know not to plant as many squash seeds this next week. Let me know if you need any tomato plants for your garden.

My initial contraption of seeds in a milk carton sitting on a heating pad with a plastic bag over it to create a greenhouse

Once the seeds germinated I transplanted them to larger containers

1 comments:

mirjam said...

oh, how great! i can't wait for all that yummy produce! the farmers market is starting on saturday. that's a good sign, i guess....