BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

November 5, 2011

Are You Chicken?

After years of begging and pleading, I finally got chickens this week! I have wanted them for about three years, but my husband was less than thrilled with the idea. Plus we have a bird dog and an open yard with various predators like raccoons. However, my husband has built what we hope is a secure coop and run for our three lovely ladies. We are thrilled with our chickens, even my hubby admitted to me that he likes them!

The boys and the ladies

A closer image of the lovely ladies

A better view of the coop

Our first egg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! What kind of omelette are you serving? Or over easy with tabasco sauce?
Did you know the word omelete is legal with either one or two "t"s?

dnA said...

Great job on the coop! I share your chicken enthusiasm but can't legally have them in our town...yet. :) Enjoy those eggs!