BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

June 9, 2011

Belgium Waffles, Chocolate, and Salads?

Since I have posted pictures of the Netherlands I thought I better give some time to Belgium. I must admit that even though I was excited to eat waffles with large sugar pearls inside and lots of chocolate, the best thing I ate in Belgium was a warm goat cheese and bacon salad. Oh my goodness, it was heaven in a dish. I only wish I had discovered it sooner so I could have eaten it one more time. And unfortunately, I have no pictures of the fabulous salad.

The hot chocolate at Wittamer was heavenly

We came across part of the Brussels old city wall, Steve looks like an ant next to it

We also came across a marathon that had just started, we were inspired to take up running again, but haven't done it yet

Of course we had to visit the famous statue

Buildings in the Grand Place

Brugge was beautiful but too crowded with tourists, but I loved the detail on the old buildings

More beautiful buildings in Brugge

0 comments: