BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

January 9, 2009

A Mandoline?

For years I have wanted a mandoline. When I told my husband this as well as some other family members they looked at me with confusion. I had to explain that this mandoline was for the kitchen and was not a musical instrument. So this year my wonderful mother-in-law bought me a mandoline for Christmas. I have used it at least 10 times since opening it and I love it. I have cut potatoes and sweet potatoes into lovely french fries, sliced onions in a matter of seconds, served up matchstick carrots, and the list could go on. If you would like to see a demonstration of the wonderful things this kitchen tool can do, please click here. Now if only I can replicate the carrot chips they serve at Red Rock. Thanks to Joyce for making life easier and more interesting in the kitchen.

3 comments:

mirjam said...

years now and i love it. i mainly use it for potato gratin dauphinoise. it cuts the most beautiful even slices! i'm sure you'll have lots of fun with this one!

Nik said...

That is a beautiful mandoline. I have a cheap-y that isn't nearly so lovely but man do I still love it when I need it.

Debra said...

I've been eying one of these. Maybe you'll just have to make some samples available so I can come try them and decide if it's worth it?
: )